Random Goat Poster FTW
A few more thoughts on the Albany/Schenectady/Maine/New Hampshire/Rhode Island/Massachusetts/Connecticut trip (and I’ll try to get through it without any oblique references to Herman Melville like last time):
- You can all see the pix from the trip here and here.
- I decided I really like Rhode Island, even if it is really tiny (Osage County in NE Oklahoma is 50 percent larger than the entire state of Rhode Island). It just seemed like a laid back kind of place. I’m sorry they’re under water right now.
- I’m not a fan of lobster. It’s just too much work for a tiny chunk of meat that tastes like a sketchy McNugget. Continue reading
Posted in Brian On [Platypus]
Tagged Albany, Ben and Jerry's, Dunkin' Donuts, Five Guys, Fribbles, Friendly's, lobster, mission trip, Platypus, Quincy Market, Rhode Island, Schenectady
I guess you just had to be there.
Call me Jonah. OK, fine, I didn’t spend three days in the belly of a whale (hopefully you would have heard about that by now). But I am very guilty of sitting in the shade and pouting while God does incredible things all around of me. Continue reading
Forget the NCAA. NAIA is where it's at!
In case you missed it, my alma mater won the NAIA basketball tourney last week. Proof once more that Bison do indeed go with Ka-rip!
1 Kings 18:26
In the days leading up to Easter, my church has arranged for the entire Bible – all 31,103 verses – to be read aloud from the pulpit. While the Word is being read, someone is down in the pews praying. People have signed up for one-hour shifts (sometimes switching so one person reads for 30 min, then prays for 30), and mine was 10-11 last night. Continue reading
Comedy Central is being a jerk and won't let me embed video.
You need to check out this interview between Stephen Colbert and Tom Hanks re: the latter’s sure-to-be-awesome miniseries, The Pacific. The interview is very, very good and Colbert even break character when talking about what Band of Brothers meant to his family (here’s part 2). Kudos, Stephen Colbert. Kudos, Tom Hanks. Kudos all around!
- Do you love a good scented candle but worry that Tropical Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Cinnamon Morning Breeze tea lights scattered all over your living room contradict that macho, manly image you’ve so carefully cultivated? Never fear, because edible bacon fat candles are here.
- Speaking of delicious pork products: bacon rockets! They also come with their own bacon rocket song: Bacon and rocket-ry/In perfect harmony. Truly, this is the best of all possible worlds.
- And since we’re on a food kick, check out these “foodscapes.” Guess what… the first one is made of bacon!
- Bacon: A Love Story has been nominated for the oddest book title of the year. Who cares? It still mentions bacon. (The winner will be announced in a few weeks)
- Have you ever wondered where camel bacon would come from? Wonder no more. Now you can crawl inside a dead camel without getting camel on your slacks!
- Bacon shoes? Bacon shoes.
- This has nothing to do with bacon (sadly), but apparently boys read “simpler” books than girls. I was going to present a rebuttal, but then I remembered the last two books I checked out of the library were The Phantom Tollbooth and Mrs. Pigglewiggle*. Plus, the story comes from the BBC, so you can’t argue with it.
- This one too, has nothing to do with bacon (again, sadly). There’s a movement to ban babies from bars. I had no idea this was an issue. I do appreciate the “brewhaha” headline.
*Nope, I’m not joking. I heartily recommend them both. To be fair, they were audio books I listened to while I drove home for Christmas. I am fully capable of reading books written above a third grade reading level. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m on page 8 of Curious George at the Aquarium and I can’t wait to see how it ends. If I’m lucky, it’ll end with bacon.
Sadly, this is the best my signature has looked in years.