- Do you love a good scented candle but worry that Tropical Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Cinnamon Morning Breeze tea lights scattered all over your living room contradict that macho, manly image you’ve so carefully cultivated? Never fear, because edible bacon fat candles are here.
- Speaking of delicious pork products: bacon rockets! They also come with their own bacon rocket song: Bacon and rocket-ry/In perfect harmony. Truly, this is the best of all possible worlds.
- And since we’re on a food kick, check out these “foodscapes.” Guess what… the first one is made of bacon!
- Bacon: A Love Story has been nominated for the oddest book title of the year. Who cares? It still mentions bacon. (The winner will be announced in a few weeks)
- Have you ever wondered where camel bacon would come from? Wonder no more. Now you can crawl inside a dead camel without getting camel on your slacks!
- Bacon shoes? Bacon shoes.
- This has nothing to do with bacon (sadly), but apparently boys read “simpler” books than girls. I was going to present a rebuttal, but then I remembered the last two books I checked out of the library were The Phantom Tollbooth and Mrs. Pigglewiggle*. Plus, the story comes from the BBC, so you can’t argue with it.
- This one too, has nothing to do with bacon (again, sadly). There’s a movement to ban babies from bars. I had no idea this was an issue. I do appreciate the “brewhaha” headline.
*Nope, I’m not joking. I heartily recommend them both. To be fair, they were audio books I listened to while I drove home for Christmas. I am fully capable of reading books written above a third grade reading level. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m on page 8 of Curious George at the Aquarium and I can’t wait to see how it ends. If I’m lucky, it’ll end with bacon.