3. Go a month drinking only water STATUS: COMPLETE!
It was harder than I thought, I’m not going to lie. The siren song of Sonic’s Route 44 Diet Dr Pepper almost did me in on road trips to St.Louis, but I stood strong. The major breakthrough on the water-only front was when I realized could actually go to Sonic and order a Route 44 water. It’s only 43 cents, which is way cheaper than bottled, plus you get Sonic ice (score!) and the psychological comfort that comes with a Styrofoam cup and straw. Now you know!
9. Learn to enjoy salad STATUS: COMPLETE!
I’m declaring this one complete because I ate four salads this summer and nobody was holding a gun to my head as I ate. What more do you want?
10. Develop a recipe for Brian’s Famous _______ STATUS: COMPLETE! SORT OF!
Megan tells me my stromboli fits the bill, even though I stole the recipe from my sister whole in turn learned it while in Malawi (because nothing says delicious Italian-sounding food like sub-Saharan Africa). In the end, I decided that if I leave out one barely perceptible spice and add in a substitute of my own choosing, it counts.
11. See Paul McCartney in concert STATUS: COMPLETE
And it was awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
23. Vote in a Primary Election STATUS: COMPLETE
Mike Kehoe, you’re welcome.
30. Unspoken STATUS: IN PROGRESS